Thank you for visiting the web site for the Jacksonville Roundtable of the Council of Supply Management Professionals (CSCMP). CSCMP strives to educate and connect the world’s supply chain professionals. The main CSCMP site is cscmp.org.
What is a Roundtable
A forum offered at the local level which sponsors educational programs to raise the equality of logistics practice while promoting the personal and professional development of its participants.
CSCMP roundtables evolved as members expressed an interest in meeting to discuss mutual problems and ideas. These members were interested in educational sessions similar to those at the annual conference, but offered locally on a more frequent basis.
A roundtable is not a chapter. Individual roundtables do not charge dues nor do they have an established class of members. Interested individuals do not need to be CSCMP members to attend roundtable events.
The Purpose of a Roundtable
- Know and serve the audience
- Develop quality programs that provide knowledge that is meaningful, insightful and of high value to participants
- Educate participants on the importance of global logistics and how it affects the world economies
- Leadership to encourage, facilitate and provide opportunities for networking
Personal and Professional Development
- Create an organization that involves as many persons as possible, minimizing the time commitment required of any single member by leveraging technology
- Involve roundtable volunteers with meaningful responsibilities that enable them to grow professionally and personally and to become more valuable to their employer
- Demonstrate professional and personal benefits of volunteering
- Institute a volunteer development program to attract, train and retrain volunteers
- Value the differences of all roundtables and the contributions they make to support the Council’s mission and values while ensuring that they adhere to guidelines
- Effectively communicate roundtable goals, activities, challenges and solutions through an integrated effort of the roundtable cabinet, the advisory committee and interested parties
If you are interested in becoming involved with the local CSCMP Jax Florida Roundtable, you may contact any of our Board members at any time for more information.